Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Art Journal - Page 162

Hi Everyone!

Yay! A journal page today! Oh I've missed them since I've been working on the Index Cards.

I recently bought some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide pads (antique linen, frayed burlap & black soot) and although I used them on an index card recently, I wanted to try to incorporate them into a journal page, so that's what I did!

I used the oxide inks on the background, doing many layers, heat setting between each layer and was having so much fun! It brought me back to when Tim Holtz first brought out his distress inks, I loved them then and I still love playing with them today.

So once I had the background done I wanted to include the 'letter to daughter' that I found on line. But how to include it? I wanted to try to portray a type of area where one would write a letter. I also remembered I had an ink bottle and a quill which I could use. Then I wanted to have a stack of books with a lamp sitting on top so I googled those images and voila! Just had to put it all together!

You can watch the full process video on YouTube by clicking HERE.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional gesso
Script stamp (unknown manufacturer)
Ranger 'jet black' archival ink
Tim Holtz 'frayed burlap' distress oxide
Tim Holtz 'antique linen' distress oxide
Deli paper
Fiskars 'harlequin charm' stamp set
The Crafters Workshop 'time travel' stencil
Dylusions 'letter jumble' stencil
Tim Holtz 'black soot' distress oxide
Liquitex Professional Matte Medium
Cut-n-dry foam by Inkssentials
Dylusions 'diamonds-small' stencil
Tim Holtz 'gathered twigs' distress marker
BoBunny 'timepiece noteworthy' die-cut piece
Tim Holtz 'ornate' layering stencil
Tim Holtz 'broken china' distress embossing powder
Ranger 'tree branch' embossing powder
Ranger 'espresso' embossing powder
Ranger clear Emboss It embossing ink dabber
Ranger 'coffee' archival ink
VersaMark embossing ink
KaiserCraft 'tea party' stamp set
PortaCraft flourish & flower stamp set (item #007047)
Hero Arts 'feathers' stamp set
Crafty Secrets 'Art Studio' stamp set
'cold grey' PITT artist big brush pen
'nougat' PITT artist big brush pen
Scotch Quick Dry adhesive














Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment