Friday, October 20, 2017

Art Journal Page - Black Dylusions Journal

Hi everyone!

Today I streamed from my Ustream channel, Scrap-n-Share, and I thought it was about time I created another page in my black 8"x8" Dylusions Creative Journal. It's been way too long since I worked in this journal!

I decided to just play around with some shades of blue and green acrylic paints (no gesso), spraying them with a small amount of water after each coat. I really love how the background turned out! Simply paint and water!

I had previously printed out a dragonfly onto deli paper so I tore out the image and sprayed it with Heidi Swapp's 'gold' Color Shine and OMG it looked gorgeous! I then adhered it to the page with matte medium, very carefully as it was printed using an inkjet printer so I didn't want the ink to run and smear on the page.

I then stenciled on the title in black and voila! Very happy with how it turned out and so glad I played in this journal today.

You can watch the full process Ustream recording on YouTube by clicking HERE. Please note that I streamed with a live chat audience so I do chat to them throughout the video. Having said that, it's only just over an hour long video.

Products used:

Tim Holtz 'bundled sage' distress paint
Americana 'soft jade' acrylic paint
Derivan Matisse 'Australian Blue Gum' acrylic paint
Pebeo 'iridescent blue green' acrylic paint
Liquitex Basic 'light aqua green' acrylic paint
Sennelier 'turquoise' acrylic paint
Global Colours 'white' acrylic impasto
The Crafters Workshop 'mini tie dyed' stencil
TCW 'mini tile texture' stencil
KaiserCraft 'swirl flourish' stencil
The Crafters Workshop 'mini chicken wire reversed' stencil
KaiserCraft 'damask' stencil
Dragonfly image printed onto deli paper
Heidi Swapp 'gold' Color Shine
Liquitex Professional matte medium
Neocolor II 'turquoise' water soluble pastel
The Crafters Workshop 'mini winged exploration' stencil
Creative PL 'mars black' acrylic paint
Hero Arts 'friendship writing' stamp
uni pin fine line 0.5 pen
Water brush






Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment